Tuesday, February 5, 2013

.forget

Tchad
Teskrio
Bikaou

I will not forget you.

It may seem like I did.

But I didn't.

You might think I don't care.

But I do.

You might feel I stopped fighting.

I didn't.

Every day, I get up and go to work in the morning so I can come back to you.

I'm buying a car this month.
I'm renting a cabin in the coming months.
I'm setting up a home to come back to.
I'm making it so I can give my life to you while still taking care of myself.

I'm working a job I would have never taken - had it not been for you.

I'm getting community health experience for you.

I'm learning about vaccines for you.

I'm learning how to supervise/manage for you.

I'm studying French for you.

I didn't forget.  I couldn't forget.  I cannot forget.  I must not forget.  I will not forget.

I fall into bed exhausted.

But it is for a purpose.

I might feel like I'm not where I'm supposed to be right now - but I am here, so one day I can be there again.

Car. Cabin.  Money in the bank.  Language skills.

Then - apply to MSF.  I will apply in May.

Also apply to Liverpool or London School of Tropical Medicine - backup plan.

I'll get back.

I'll start reading one news article per day.  Even though it hurts so bad to do so.

I cannot I will not I must not I will never forget.

I promise you right now.

I'll be back.

To Africa, with love.

You are my heart.  You have my soul.

I will return.  

1 comment: